Happy new year, everyone! I hope you spent this almost-finished day peacefully as I kind of did! To start the new year and thank everyone who’s been reading my blog, I wanted to dedicate this post to the latest BL I’ve read, but I find something a lot more interesting while browsing tumblr. The original idea belongs to nemubits! I hope they won’t mind a nincompoop like me doing this challenge. ＿(＾q＾ 」 ∠)＿
Ps. It litterally took me a lot to think about the tiltes to quote. I had troubles with it because I’ve read so many BL, so I used the most recent ones that’s why you’ll probably find many non-scanlated titles. I apologise, but I hope you’ll enjoy reading it anyway!
- Popular BL you didn’t really like – Ten Count. Please, refrain from your meany opinions. This is just my mere point of view, I’ve been thinking about this for litterally a lot. I don’t want to give an half-assed reason, nor I do want to offend those who like the manga. Actually, I liked it a lot at first, Takarai Rihito artstyle is really pretty and I’ve been also captivated by her previous works, but this one… I’m just not into it, I guess?
- BL novel – Ugh, it’s just the second one and it’s already becoming so hard to decide. I usually don’t read novels, but, if I had to pick one, I’d reccommend Hako no naka (I left the link if you’re curious).
- BL in print – Doukyuusei by Nakamura Asumiko. Should I update a pic of it? I wonder…
- Gay manga – As suggested by the author of this challenge, I’d totally go for some of Mentaiko’s works. For example Priapus.
- New-to-you BL author – Rocki (ロッキー). I’ve read three of their works as far. I like their style, I like their stories and I think 友情を終えるということ (Yuujou wo Oeru to Iu Koto) is being scanlated right now. Check it out!
- Volume of one-shots – Took me also a lot to decide (above all to remember some titles): 12 Seiza Danshi by Shidatsu Takayuki or Sailor Danshi by Sakira. Or Koubutsu wa Ichiban Saigo ni Hara no Naka by Tsurusawa Tsutako; this one is really cute. I hope to write about it soon. I’ve really enjoyed it! Nekomimi nya~ ♥
- 90s BL – The hardest as far. I’ve been reading recently published BL, so 90s BL are… I don’t know, I might say Haru wo Daiteita at this point.
- Ends with a kiss – Yamada to Shounen by Mita Ori, Brother Auto Spot by Noichi Mikuro, Love Me Baby by Sasamura Gou, Oko-sama Star by Aomiya Kara and Wakabaryou de, Kimi to by Sakumoto Ayu (already mentioned in the Recommendation page ;^) ). Also! Some old forgotten titles: Megane Cafe Glass by Nekota Yonezou and Kigurumi Planet by Mamahara Ellie.
- Genre progenitor – Can’t disagree with the maker: The Heart of Thomas by Moto Hagio and Kaze to Ki no Uta by Takemiya Keiko.
- Main character over 30 – Absolutely Papa I love you by Mishima Kazuhiko and Kumota Haruko’s works.
- Non-BL with LGBTQ characters – I really suggest you Lovely Complex (have read the manga & watched the anime twice this week).
- 100% fluffy – There’s a lot here. I’ll just write some random titles: Rutta to Kodama, Koisuru Barairo Tenchou and Harapekou Usagi to Koisuru Ookami and Hana to Usagi.
- Dubious consent – I’m kind of dubious myself??? I’m going for Choco Strawberry Vanilla and Ikujinashi no Spectator by Yamamoto Ataru.
- Old favorite – Kiraboshi Dial (and Ameiro Paradox) by Isaku Natsume. God bless her and her works. I love her.
- Fanfic or doujin – I don’t know how to answer here, I’m way too stupid for this. Anyway, I’d choose both. It usually depends on my mood. (｀・ω・´)
- First love – Hideyoshico’s Kanemochi-kun to Binbou-kun, Yozora no Sumikko de by Hayakawa Nojiko and Ai ga Love Shite You nanosa by Jaryuu Dokuro.
- Original English BL – Soooo!!! I’ve been waiting for this! Have so many titles i want you guys to go check on. 100% english and HQ. You won’t regret it! *winks
– TeaHouse (Dropped, but worth reading)
– Always Raining Here (Finished)
– Purpurea Noxa (Ongoing)
– Starfighter (Ongoing)
– Best Friends Forever (Ongoing)
– Welcome to Halliwell Hotel (Ongoing)
– Dragon Husbands (Ongoing)
– Hotblood! (Ongoing)
– Parellet (Ongoing, the comic is in spanish, but I saw they’re planning on translating it in english, so look forward to it)
– Looks Like Me (Ongoing, you can also read it in italian)
And many others, but it’s pretty late so I have to make it quick!
- Unhappy or ambiguous ending – Definitely Daydream Nightmare by Inose.
- Outside your comfort zone – Can’t really think of anything at the moment. I’ll investigate.
- Anthology – Dame BL, Doutei (which I reviewed), Seiheki –about fetishes– and an anthology about tentacles I can’t even remember the name *sobs. I’m sorry.
- Debut work – Nishi Noriko’s Focus.
- Uncensored – Giocatore, Hokaku Keikaku by Kijima Hyougo + Ike Reibun’s works.
- non-BL by a BL author – Right now the only mangas that pop up in my head are Watashi ga Motete Dousunda and Honey Sweet Kitchen. Yamashita Tomoko might also have started a non-BL work, but I’m not sure about this one.
- Series with 5+ volumes – Super Lovers by Abe Miyuki. (o・v・o) ♥
- Creative Positions – Kamon Saeko’s mangas!
UP: If you want to know more about some of the mangas I named, let me know it! I left my email in the box on the right and you can reply on all the posts. Thank you for reading!! /(ˉ//﹃//ˉ)\